Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Broccoli Cheddar Soup

I went to Chili's the other day and love their broccoli cheddar soup. I tried to make something kind of similar. I think I will do things a little different next time- but it is still good!

2 cans Cream of Potato Soup (next time cream of broccoli or something similar)
1 cup of Skim Milk
1/2 small brick of Velveeta cheese cubed ( I think next time 6 oz of grated cheddar)
2 Medium stalks of Broccoli steamed (I cut off the stems because I think they're yucky)
Grated cheese to put on top
Salt and pepper to taste

Put the cream of whatever soup in a pan with milk and let simmer 10 minutes. Add cheese and let simmer until melted. Add steamed broccoli and salt and pepper to taste. Put in bowls and top with extra cheese- serve in bread bowls or with rolls.

1 comment:

Janette said...

this looks really good Candice, I think I might make homemade breadbowls this week and this looks like it would be good with them. I'll have to try it!